You are valued for us
In order to lead a qualified life, it is important for you to find the type of treatment suitable for your life style. Haemodialysis at home helps lots of people in this regard. Haemodialysis at home gives you the opportunity to carry on your treatment out of the haemodialysis centre and it also gives you:
- The opportunity to receive dialysis in the confidentiality and comfort of your house,
- The opportunity to choose a flexible time of treatment within the framework of your family and programmes and
- The opportunity of an assisting care partner for your treatment.
Haemodialysis at home can be applied in various ways. It can be applied 5-7 times a week from 1,5 hours to 3 hours sessions each or it can be applied 3 times a week for 8 hours (nocturnally). The patients who choose haemodialysis at home are generally the ones who request less but frequent dialysis. The most common it is applied 5-6 times a week from 2 hours to 3 hours sessions each. Haemodialysis at home in our country on the other hand is applied 3 times a week.
By The Help Of Haemodialysis At Home;
- The exhaustion you feel at the end of haemodialysis sessions is reduced and you will feel more energetic,
- The problems such as low blood pressure, cramp and vomiting that are commonly seen in haemodialysis are seen at a lesser extend never happen,
- Your appetite will be restored and nauseatic feelings vanish,
- You will have a better blood pressure and toxin (waste material) accumulation control,
- Your dependence on some specific medication and strict diet will be reduced or removed,
- Stress in your blood will be reduced.
WILL YOU NEED TRAINING TO UNDERGONE DIALYSIS AT HOME?
- In order to undergone haemodialysis at home, you will need training by a training nurse. The training will be completed at least in a period of eight weeks (2 months). In the training, you will be trained about;
- How to use the devices and equipment,
- How the needles are placed in vascular access,
- How to start and stop the operation of haemodialysis,
- How the medical information are registered,
- How the blood pressure and pulse control is carried out,
- What does the information in the monitor mean,
- What is necessary to do in times of emergency,
- how the cleaning of the room where the equipment and devices are placed carried out.
If you will need a care partner - like your spouse, child, brother / sister or friend-, the person to assist you in this haemodialysis at home will be trained too. Upon this training, you or your care partner will be issued a "DIALYSIS AT HOME PROFICIENCY CERTIFICAT" and you will have the proficiency to conduct dialysis at home. After the device and water system is installed in the appropriated part of your house by authorised technical staff, you can than safely start dialysis at home.At least in 3 dialysis sessions at home, the nurse will be present with you.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE UPON TRAINING OF DIALYSIS AT HOME?
Although you do haemodialysis at home, you won't be alone. Your contact with health care team will resume. Once a month, you will visit the hospital and your laboratory results, general conditions and feeding conditions will be evaluated by the physician and the nurse. Once in every three month, you will be visited by your nurse and technicians and you will be under continuous control.
Except for haemodialysis centres of foreign chains in Turkey, Medikare Dialysis group clinics who are the first institutional group in the field of haemodialysis centres to apply efficient haemodialysis at home will be at your service 24/7 as soon as you need help.